Becky Ratcliff | HBA Board of Directors
”Being the Chair of the Parade of Homes. It is such a big deal to Baton Rouge and it is something I’ve enjoyed for
years. I feel like it is my baby. I’m beyond honored and excited to be involved with the Parade of Homes.
What company do you work for and what is your job title?
- I am the marketing director for Legacy Title, LLC.
How long have you been a HBA member and why did you choose to become one?
- I’ve been a member off and on. My most recent membership started in 2015. I come from a real estate family. I first learned about HBA because my mother represented a builder. I learned a lot from her not only about real estate, but also the importance of being involved, of getting to know the people in your industry and working to help your industry thrive.
What makes HBA important to you?
- I’m a 3rd generation Baton Rougean. My husband grew up in Baton Rouge and we love our city. It is home to us. We want Baton Rouge to be home for our daughter too. Growing up in real estate I understand the foundational role home builders play in our economy. So, participating in HBA is not only good for my business I feel that it is a great way for me to apply my knowledge to the vitality of our home.
What is your most notable memory while being involved with HBA?
- Being the Chair of the Parade of Homes. It is such a big deal to Baton Rouge and it is something I’ve enjoyed for years. I feel like it is my baby. I’m beyond honored and excited to be involved with the Parade of Homes. Also, I am truly humbled to have been elected to be on the Board of Directors.
What would you recommend to a new HBA member to make the most of their membership?
- Get involved.
Have you received any awards or recognition? If so, tell us about it.
- LandAmerica Lawyers Title – Top 1% Award(sales representative) – 2 years in a row
- Business Report – Young Gun Award
- Louisiana State University – LSU 100 Award – Legacy Title – 2016, 2017, 2018
- Women’s Council of Realtors – Strategic Partner of the Year Award- 2017
- Greater Baton Rouge Association of Realtors – Ben R. Downing, Jr. Affiliate of the Year Award – 2018
What are your hobbies outside of work?
- My hobbies include collecting china, I tend to favor blue and white; LSU and Bama football, as well as tailgating; visiting estate sales; keeping fit with REFIT, Yogalates and HIT work outs and I love traveling.
What motivates you?
- Long term: I was the marketing director for a retirement community prior to working at Legacy Title and I’ve seen how much it costs to retire and maintain a standard of living. I want the world for our daughter, so I will continue to work hard to be successful and contribute to our family.Shorter Term: I’m highly motivated by seeing happy customers. In my previous job, I really tried to ensure that the customer was treated with respect and that they never felt pressured. Not only did that mean they were satisfied with the experience they had with me and my company, but it also resulted in many referrals. It was this approach to sales that helped me become the top earner in my company two years in a row, which further motivated me to continue to focus on customer experience.
What are the top three things on your bucket list?
- To visit every state at least once
- To be on the Wheel of Fortune
- To attend a Mecum or Barrett-Jackson Auction