Rusty Golden | HBA Elite Builder Champion
”Never discount the impact your words can have on another person. And never miss an opportunity to thank someone for what they do. It can change a person's life in an instant.
What is your favorite thing about being a HBA member?
- The interaction and exchange of ideas with our peers make us all better at what we do and in creating a product for the public.
What is your favorite book or movie?
- Anything historical – it’s the one thing that continues to teach us lessons.
Favorite Out-of-Town Destination:
- The Monterrey Peninsula – it has incredible scenery and perfect weather.
What was your first job in the Home Building Industry?
- I jumped right into the process. Buying property and building – no better way to learn an industry than experiencing your failures first hand.
- It’s more than a meal, but Gino’s on Thursday night with a little music and martinis from my favorite bartender and friend “Cricket”.
What do you like most about living in Louisiana?
- This culture is ingrained in us and it travels well. Everywhere we go people can always tell we are from the south because of our hospitable, outgoing and friendly nature.
What is your favorite way to unwind?
- Sitting on a sandy beach, catching a breeze and watching the waves roll in.
Tell us a little bit about your family:
- I’ve been with my wife Ruthie for 26 interesting years. We raised three daughters together and now have 6 grandkids with one more on order. Grandkids are the icing on the cake.