Capital Region Builders Foundation
What is Capital Region Builders Foundation (CRBF)?
CRBF's mission is to raise funds to provide assistance to children and families in need.
- Founded in 2002 as the 501(c)3 charitable arm of Home Builders Association of Greater Baton Rouge.
- Organized for charitable and educational purposes.
- CRBF has built 15 homes that were raffled for charity - raising over $18.5 million for St. Jude Children’s Hospital, Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital. In addition, other local charities have received $98,000.
- In 2012, CRBF built a home in Ascension Parish for a veteran who was severely injured in Afghanistan. This was in coordination with Homes For Our Troops.
- Many CRBA members participate by donating materials and labor to build our charity homes.
Just some of the charities that have received funds from the CRBF projects are:
- Access the Need (School supplies in Livingston Parish)
- Alzheimer Services
- American Diabetes Association
- Boy Scouts of America
- CASA - Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) for abused and neglected children
- Compassionate Friends Baton Rouge Chapter (This group offers support to parents and grandparents who have lost children)
- Girl Scouts of America
- Habitat for Humanity
- Healing Hearts
- Louisiana School for the Deaf (The CRBF provided supplies for the Remodelers Council of GBR to build a pergola for students)
- Pat's Coats for Kids
- The Miracle League (baseball group for handicap children)
- Shriner's Hospital
- Toys for Tots
- Youth Oasis - To provide emergency shelter and necessary support services to run-away, abandoned, and homeless youth ages 10 – 25 within the Baton Rouge Area
“At Home Builders Association of Greater Baton Rouge, our members don’t just build houses, we build communities. Our members are thankful for this industry and what it provides and want to give back to our community by doing what they do best – building the American Dream”.