Promoting, Protecting, Preserving the home building industry
Organization Description: The Home Builders Association of Greater Baton Rouge is a not-for-profit, member-driven association that is dedicated to promoting, protecting and preserving the homebuilding industry as a viable economic force in Greater Baton Rouge. The HBA’s membership includes more than 1,000 builders and partnering organizations that provide products or services to builders. The Home Builders PAC of Greater Baton Rouge makes contributions to political candidates that are pro-growth, pro-business. The Home Builders Foundation of Greater Baton Rouge raises funds to assist families and children in need.
Job Description: The Director of Industry Development sets the organization’s strategic membership and fundraising agenda to achieve and exceed its revenue goals. The director will perform targeted solicitation of individual, corporate and foundation support, grants, and sponsorships while engaging membership in the organization’s activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include:
- Develop an annual comprehensive sales plan with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines which will achieve budgeted goals.
- Develop and monitor a realistic annual fund budget with realistic revenue and expense projections.
- Investigate possibilities of program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization’s brand in the community and increase avenues of support.
- Research, evaluate, and submit new and renewed prospecting opportunities.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive plan that includes revenue generation by way of sponsorships, new member recruitment, and member retention.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with volunteers, community and business leaders, donors, and fund recipients to generate necessary resources.
- Manage the production and distribution of quality ancillary materials that support development goals.
- Assist with the cultivation of civic organizations, the Board of Directors, corporate, foundation and business representatives.
- Manage the organization’s councils and volunteers.
The Person: The ideal candidate is responsible and dedicated to the HBA and its members. The person should be an effective presenter, active listener, open to new ideas, and be able to keep stakeholders informed and engaged. Additionally, the individual should be a progressive thinker that will conduct, analyze, and interpret internal and external research to support planning and development of organizational fundraising strategies and plans. The person must be knowledgeable of the HBA and its additional entities, the Home Builders Foundation of Greater Baton Rouge (HBF) and the Home Builder PAC of Greater Baton Rouge (HBPAC), as well as its active committees and councils. Experience in a business environment with outstanding time management skills, demonstrated leadership and the ability to solve problems is required.
Additionally, a strong command of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and database management is required.
A bachelor’s degree and at least two years demonstrated successful sales experience is required.
Other skills that a director of development should have include:
- Leadership: Must demonstrate the ability to overcome barriers and transcend organizational politics to resolve issues in a professional manner.
- Relationship building: Must have the ability to meet and exceed staff and members’ expectations and provide the services they need. Positive and outgoing personality.
- Collaboration: Must be able to listen, leverage resources, and build lasting partnerships.
- Problem solving: Must readily solve a wide variety of problems to the satisfaction of organization’s stakeholders.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com