Political Advocacy & Governmental Affairs
HBA of GBR encourages all of its members to become actively involved in the HBA of GBR Government Affairs Program. Together we work to protect our industry from over-regulation by monitoring codes, ordinances and legislation that directly impacts the homebuilding industry, and by communicating directly with elected officials and policy makers.
HBA of GBR Government Affairs Program
The HBA of GBR Government Affairs Program covers local city, parish, state, and federal issues, and works to protect the industry from onerous regulations that could raise the cost of housing in the nine-parish region we represent. In coordination with the HBA of GBR staff and Board of Directors, the committee works hard to:
- Monitor and review codes, ordinances and legislation which directly impacts the homebuilding industry
- Communicate with elected officials and policy makers regarding our industry issues.
- Formulate and advocate for needed changes, and
- Educate members of the association about current issues, new laws, regulatory and administrative matters.
- The committee works closely with the Louisiana Home Builders Association (LHBA) on state issues and has direct contact with the legislators who represent our members, as well as parish and city officials. Although the program's primary focus is at the state and local levels, the committee monitors and provides input on federal legislation and agency activity directly to our Federal officials and through the National Association of Homebuilders.
- It is important that we fight to keep the Capital Region prosperous by providing a housing market open to all income levels. Help us fight for you!
To learn how you can be involved, email Karen Zito, HBA of GBR President & CEO at Karen@CapitalRegionBA.com.
HBA of GBR members and staff lobby and monitor local, state, and federal legislation to ensure that our members’ business interests are well represented and protected from unnecessary regulations that will affect our bottom line.
The Greater Baton Rouge HBA Build PAC
The Greater Baton Rouge Build PAC supports candidates or current office holders who support the integral role played by residential construction, both to our community, and our economy. The PAC seeks to promote quality, affordable housing; promote ethical and professional standards for the industry; and act as a responsible citizen through active community involvement.
BUILD-PAC, or Builders United in Legislative Decisions Political Action Committee, is the political action committee of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). BUILD-PAC is bipartisan – supporting both Democrats and Republicans – and helps elect qualified pro-housing, pro-business candidates to federal office. To learn more about the NAHB BUILD-PAC, please visit NAHB BUILD-PAC.
Occasionally, we'll send a "call to action" via VoterVoice to contact your legislator. Sign up for those updates via the VoterVoice tab.