HBA Government Affairs Program
HBA members and staff lobby and monitor local, state, and federal legislation to ensure that our members’ business interests are well represented and protected from unnecessary regulations that will affect our bottom line.
The HBA Government Affairs Program covers local city, parish, state, and federal issues, and works to protect the industry from onerous regulations that could raise the cost of housing in the nine-parish region we represent. In coordination with the HBA Staff and Board of Directors, the committee works hard to:
- Monitor and review codes, ordinances and legislation which directly impacts the homebuilding industry.
- Communicate with elected officials and policy makers regarding our industry issues.
- Formulate and advocate for needed changes.
- Educate members of the association about current issues, new laws, regulatory and administrative matters.
- The committee works closely with the Louisiana Home Builders Association (LHBA) on state issues and has direct contact with the legislators who represent our members, as well as parish and city officials. Although the program’s primary focus is at the state and local levels, the committee monitors and provides input on federal legislation and agency activity directly to our Federal officials and through the National Association of Homebuilders.
- It is important that we fight to keep Greater Baton Rouge prosperous by providing a housing market open to all income levels. Help us fight for you!