Regional Info and Resources
NAHB has compiled an array of resources for businesses and communities to use when disaster strikes to aid in the rebuilding and recovery processes. You can find the full list here.
Disaster Assistance ProgramsLocal & Regional Disaster Updates
- U.S. Small Business Administration: Federal Disaster Loans for Businesses and Home owners
- IRS: Disaster Assistance and Emergency Relief for Individuals and Businesses
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture: Disaster Assistance Programs
- A Flood of Federal Funds is a flyer created by Baton Rouge Business Report that looks at the various programs and projects funded by the $750 million of federal aid allotted to Baton Rouge after the 2016 floods.
- Hurricane Ida Resource Guide: Emergency Resources and Opportunities
- FEMA & USACE Operation Blue Roof Information
- Apply for Disaster Relief Funds from LHDRF
- Louisiana SBDC Disaster Recovery Loan Program
- News Release, Generator and Chainsaw reimbursement available through FEMA
Additional Disaster Resources
- Self-Assessment Report from FEMA’s analytics division breaks down percentages of self-reported damages of homeowners and renters that have registered with FEMA.
- NAHB: FEMA Risk Rating 2.0 Fact Sheet
- FEMA’s Risk Rating 2.0 Framework Will Alter Flood Insurance Rates
- FEMA Moves Closer to Risk Rating 2.0 Transition
- FEMA Risk Rating 2.0: National Rate Analysis
- FEMA Risk Rating 2.0: Louisiana State Profile
- United Way Regional Hurricane Ida Resource Map is an extensive, consistently-updated map of all known resources (PODS, rebuilding resources, food distributions) across LA mapped by the United Way of Baton Rouge.
- FEMA Fact Sheet: What to expect when you are applying for assistance
- FEMA Disaster Fraud hotline
- Press Release: Legal Aid for Hurricane Ida Survivors
- Fact Sheet: Helpful Info When Appealing a Decision from FEMA
- Complying with the EPA Lead Paint Rule During Emergency Renovations
- How Home Builders Can Help Their Communities Rebuild After a Disaster – This is a checklist developed by NAHB to assist homebuilders in providing help to their communities when crisis strikes.
- Home Building Industry Disaster Relief Fund – Learn about NAHB’s charitable organization created to assist areas affected by disaster and facilitate the rebuilding of communities.
- Modular Can Be Key to Disaster Recovery Efforts
- Small Business Administration: Emergency Preparedness – This website offers small businesses guidance on how to develop an emergency preparedness and disaster relief plan and how to recover after a natural disaster.
- HUD Multifamily Emergency / Disaster Guidance for all HUD-insured and/or assisted properties affected by a Presidentially declared disaster (Chapter 38 of HUD Handbook 4350.1 Multifamily Asset Management and Project Servicing).
- Property Insurance and Disaster Recovery – A list of insurance and property considerations that require focused attention following a disaster.