Chris Pike | HBA Board of Directors, Elite Builder Champion
”A mantra I try to remember every day is "Big dreams don't cost any more than small ones." The first thing I ask my kids everyday when they wake up is if they had any dreams last night. I believe dreams are important and I try to teach them to dream big like I always have.
What is your favorite thing about being a HBA member?
- HBA is a great forum for us to join forces with other homebuilders to protect our industry. The HBA events are a great opportunity for us to meet, learn from, and collaborate with others on upcoming projects.
What is your favorite book or movie?
- I read a lot, but my favorite book is Fearless, by Eric Blehm. It’s a story about perseverance and achieving anything you put your mind to, no matter what the odds against you are.
Favorite Out-of-Town Destination:
- For hunting, I enjoy going to Canada every year. It’s a beautiful country. With my wife and kids, I really enjoy the mountains in North Carolina.
What was your first job in the Home Building Industry?
- We jumped right into homebuilding for ourselves. Prior to building, I spent 15 years working in the commercial real estate sector of office and retail development and construction.
- I cook a lot. My favorite meal would have to be my gumbo (with potato salad) cooked at the hunting camp with my family and friends.
What do you like most about living in Louisiana?
- Louisiana is where I was born and raised so there’s nothing like your hometown. Being an avid hunter and food fanatic, Louisiana offers so many opportunities for both.
What is your favorite way to unwind?
- Depends on the season. For the most part I enjoy relaxing on the couch with my wife and kids and a good bottle of wine. I also love a good campfire in the winter.
Tell us a little bit about your family:
- I have been married for 13 years to the most wonderful and sweetest woman around, Jill Roby Pike. We have 2 kids that our lives revolve around. Their names are Reagan (11) and Davis (9). We had a dog that we “accidentally” left at my mom’s house a year ago. We will have another soon though, just don’t tell Mom.
What is the best advice you were ever given?
- My life is a collection of advice I’ve received from everyone around me and that never stops. The piece I hold onto the most is from my grandfather who always said “you can be anything you want to be as long as you’re the best at it.”