Chris Van Pelt | HBA Board of Directors, Gold Industry Partner
”M&M Glass Company was founded in 1985. Since then, we have sought to provide our customers with value. We believe that value is made up of the best quality products with the best service at the best possible price!
What is your favorite thing about being a HBA member?
- I love the people! They are all real and have the same triumphs and pitfalls that I do. It’s great to interact with them and share ideas with them.
What is your favorite book or movie?
- Book: Good to Great by Jim Collins
Movie: Apollo 13. Great messages in this movie and shows what you can do when you are truly a team with a mission!
Favorite Out-of-Town Destination:
- The Caribbean
What was your first job in the Home Building Industry?
- My first job in this industry was at M&M Glass. I started on twenty years ago as a helper on an installation truck.
- Nothing beats a great steak, currently I am enjoying the steaks at Stabs on Jefferson. Great food!!
What do you like most about living in Louisiana?
- Louisiana is my home. My grandparents were Cajun French. Weekends were filled with memories of large family gatherings boiling and frying seafood. It becomes part of your soul and once it does, nothing else will do!!
What is your favorite way to unwind?
- I have a Tiki Bar in my backyard, I enjoy tinkering around outside and enjoying a Tiki Drink to some good music.
Tell us a little bit about your family:
- I am married to a wonderful gal named Penny. She and I were high school sweethearts and have been together since 1983 (37 years). We have two wonderful children, Caleb (30) who is married and works at M&M Glass also; and Madeline (23) who is in the MBA program at LSU. Caleb and his lovely wife Brandi are expecting our first grandchild!!
What is the best advice you were ever given?
- A dying neighbor and friend once told me to “live” my life. Don’t worry about money or anything else, just get out there and have fun with everything you do….and love everyone while you are doing it!!