Daniel Kennedy | HBA Board of Directors, Platinum Industry Partner
”We only exist as long as there is a construction industry to serve, also we know we must constantly evolve with the industry by continuing our learning from the businesses we serve. Never hesitate in letting us know where we can improve.
What is your favorite thing about being a HBA member?
- Gaining insight as to what the construction industry is dealing with.
What is your favorite book or movie?
- Business Book – Traction
Movie – Rocky
Favorite Out-of-Town Destination:
- Park City, Utah – Snow Skiing
What was your first job in the Home Building Industry?
- Warehouse manager for a Carpet Distributor (1978)
- My wife and I mostly cook at home. Our favorite meals are the ones we share with the whole family, usually a good cookout.
What do you like most about living in Louisiana?
- Family and the culture
What is your favorite way to unwind?
- Grilling and a really good Bourbon
Tell us a little bit about your family:
- My wife Sandra and I have been married for 43 years and the best part is she still likes me (I think). Our children are Ryan, Eric, and Laura and between them we have 9 grandchildren from the age of 4 to 14, 5 girls and 4 boys.
What is the best advice you were ever given?
- If money can fix your problem then it’s not a real problem, you can always earn more money. It’s the problems money can’t fix that you need to be concerned about.