Adam Morgan | HBA Bronze Industry Partner
”Since 1925, Pella has been and remains a family owned business. Family and community play an integral role in Pella's business philosophy. As an industry leader in innovation, Pella continues to excel in inspired design and exceptional detail in products and service. Pella of Baton Rouge is committed to bringing that same passion to the sales, service, and support around the product in our community.
What is your favorite thing about being a HBA member?
- The ability to collaborate and connect with so many talented people within the local building industry.
What is your favorite book or movie?
- “The Servant” by James Hunter. It is a must read book on leadership.
Favorite Out-of-Town Destination:
- Depends on the time of year but, I love going to either 30A or the Highlands in North Carolina.
What was your first job in the Home Building Industry?
- While attending my final years as an undergraduate at LSU, I worked as a framer for a custom home builder.
- Hands down, the spaghetti with meatball from DiGiulio Brothers.
What do you like most about living in Louisiana?
- This one is easy, the people. When I was younger my family moved around quite a bit up north and along the east coast. We moved down to Louisiana in the early 90’s and it immediately felt like home. That, coupled with covering over 70% of the country while assigned to National Accounts with Pella, gave me great appreciation and perspective on how wonderful the people of Louisiana are.
What is your favorite way to unwind?
- After college I stumbled into triathlon and running. Going for a run around the LSU lakes or a bike ride along the river are my favorite things to do. I also love to travel with my wife to new places, that would be a close second.
Tell us a little bit about your family:
- My wife Lauren, her daughter Lane Grace (14), and our two golden retrievers Duke and Ellie keep me on my toes! Lauren moved to Baton Rouge after serving as an Officer in the US Army, she now has spent her entire career here in the Emergency Management and Homeland Security arena. Lane Grace keeps us busy with school, volleyball and more volleyball. Outside of work, we love to travel together and spend time with our families (mine in Louisiana and Lauren’s in Florida). Lauren and I met through our love for triathlon and running, we are fortunate to be able to share that hobby together with the little free time we have these days!
What is the best advice you were ever given?
- Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a tough battle. I received this advice early in my career and it’s something I always go back to.