John Daly | HBA Board of Directors
”Home builders have not only become a large part of my business as I have insured many, but I have also made many friends that I would not have if it were not for HBA.
What company do you work for and what is your job description?
- I work for Blumber and Associates in Commercial Insurance Sales.
How long have you been an HBA member and why did you choose to become one?
- I’ve been a member for 26 years and joined right before my daughter was born. I joined for business purposes, but soon found out what great people were in the organization and since then, I have built many friendships.
Why is HBA important to you?
- I enjoy the people of the association, because they make you feel apart of something.
How has HBA aided in the way you do business?
- Home builders have not only become a large part of my business as I have insured many, but I have also made many friends that I would not have if it were not for HBA.
How have you been able to impact the community as a HBA member?
- By the way we have given back to the community. Raising money through the Home for Good or building a house for a disabled vet.
Why do you believe it is important for other businesses to join HBA?
- If you join only for business, you are missing the boat. We help people and the community grow. I know several individuals that would not have taken a leadership role if it were not for HBA.
What is your most notable memory while being involved with HBA?
- I feel we make a difference. One of my best memories was when I was chairman of the Remodeler’s Council. We built a room as an addition to a house for a child that was undergoing cancer treatment. The excitement in his eyes as we built that room and made it his own is something I will never forget.
While being a member, what has been one thing you have learned and been able to apply to your job?
- If you want to get ahead you have to work for it. Business will not fall into your lap. You have to earn it.
What is your favorite tip for someone working in the same industry?
- You join for a lifetime, not just for one year.
What has your HBA membership meant to you both personally and professionally?
- Again, I feel I have made friends from the HBA that I would not have known if I were not a member of the organization.