Bart Waguespack | HBA Master Builder Champion
”"Most people don't realize how important HBA is to the home building industry. They are fighting against and for legislation that could cripple home building and renovating for so many people in the Greater Baton Rouge area."
What is your favorite thing about being a HBA member?
- Meeting other builders and associates. Not many people like to hear me complain about my job, but these guys and gals understand the real struggle.
What is your favorite book or movie?
- I’d guess maybe Ford vs Ferrari, for now.
Favorite Out-of-Town Destination:
- 30A in Florida
What was your first job in the Home Building Industry?
- A helper/go-fer with Passman Homes.
- Pan Seared Sea Bass from most anywhere.
What do you like most about living in Louisiana?
- Being near family and friends.
What is your favorite way to unwind?
- Spending time with my cars. Whether it’s washing, driving or just drinking a glass of wine with them.
Tell us a little bit about your family:
- Meredith, my wife, owns Sweet Baton Rouge and has a store located in Baton Rouge. Kelsey, my daughter, is married and has 4 cute tiny kids. They are gymnastics phenoms! Bailey, my oldest son, works for me and is about to start school in the IT field. Brody is my youngest (12) and he loves cars and engineering/building most anything. Bayou is our dog and she is 5 years old. She has slept with Brody her entire life and they are extremely close.
What is the best advice you were ever given?
- When negotiating in person, if the other party throws you a curve ball or puts you on the spot, DO NOT roll with it and make it up as you go. Definitely better to suggest a 30 minute break to take a minute to collect your thoughts and be prepared for your response. If not, you may say or offer something you later regret.